Introduction to Private and Semi-Private Lessons
Registration for fall 2020 opens September 14, 2020.
Please bring the acknowledgement of risk form, completed and signed, on the day that you first access the arena.
These lessons work a bit differently from our group lessons. The main difference is that you as a skater or a parent of a skater are responsible for finding your own coach and arranging scheduling and payment with them. Please see a list of coaches below that we recommend. The coaches on the list below regularly teach skating programs at CSLFSC and are certified by SkateCanada. The fees associated with each coach can differ based on a number of factors such as experience, level, age, etc...
It is best to select the session you would like to skate on in consultation with your chosen coach to make sure they have available time on that session.
There is a fee for each session you choose to skate on; please see the schedule and pricing below.
Junior Sessions are open to any skater that has not passed a STARSkate test (CanSkate badges do not count as a STARSkate test).
Note: sessions marked as “Open Session” are open to all levels of skaters. However, CanSkaters who choose to skate on these sessions must be accompanied at all times by their coach.
Two of these tests:
STAR 5 freestyle completed and one of these two:
STAR 3 freestyle completed and one of these two:
No STAR assessment required
* No changes in level during mid-season.
Additional charges apply:
- Skate Canada membership Fee of $44, if not previously paid for the 2020-2021 regular season (non-refundable)
- CSLFSC administrative fee of $10 (non-refundable)
- Any changes to your registration require a $10.00 administrative fee.
- Second Club skaters pay a 20% surchage **
Please visit the Registration page for our ice schedule and fees.
** Second club skaters must make sure to pay the additional 20% per session. Before checking out, while still in your shopping cart, please select 'PURCHASE OTHER PRODUCTS' at the bottom of the page. This will lead you to the additional fee page where you can add these charges to your payment.
Visiting coaches from other clubs who are planning to coach during ice time of CSLFSC may apply for permission to the club via e-mail: email@example.com. Please mention the sessions you plan to come to and include prove of certification.
Rules for the Ice Sessions
Rules for Intermediate and Senior Skaters
It is important that all who use the ice know what is expected of them on each skating session. These basic procedures are established to help maintain order and to prevent accidents. Session supervisors are all volunteers and deserve to be treated with respect. Please be patient and polite at all times.
- Skaters should be at the Arena ten minutes prior to the start of the session and ready on time.
- No chewing gum, eating, or drinking is permitted on the ice by skaters or coaches.
- No music players, cell phones, or similar devices are permitted while on the ice surface.
- Skaters who fall must get up immediately. Never stand around idle.
- Always be alert for other skaters while skating. When a skater's program or dance music is being played, avoid skating into the pattern of his or her program. Avoid interfering with dance patterns.
- Skaters should not engage a professional in a conversation while a lesson is being given to another skater.
- Conversations between skaters and Professionals should take place along the boards.
- Skaters must leave the ice immediately at the end of the session.
- Personal belongings must be stored neatly in the cage. The last skater must lock up the cage.
- There is no exchange of sessions between registered skaters, siblings or substitutions by your coach.
- Free Skating couples are not permitted at any time.
- Dance couples are permitted, but they may practice only compulsory dances, with no lifts.
Combined Skating Session (Freestyle, Dance, Skills) Rules
- During Freestyle, spins should be performed in the centre of the ice; jumps should be made in the ends of the ice.
- Solo music will only be played once per session, unless time permits it to be played again. Solo, Dance, and Skill music for lessons per lesson gets priority, but may never be played more than twice if another skater has made a request for music.
- All first requests by skaters for music have priority over any second requests.
- Group lessons may have no more than 3 skaters.
- Lessons may only be given by a Home Club authorized & registered or invited guest Pro, if Club rules are followed.
- Skaters may only overlap maximum 15 minutes into another session and only while they are in a lesson. No extra ice time is permitted to warm up.