Introduction to Private and Semi-Private Lessons
These lessons work a bit differently from our group lessons. The main difference is that you as a skater or a parent of a skater are responsible for finding your own coach and arranging scheduling and payment with them. Please see a list of coaches below that we recommend. The coaches on the list below regularly teach skating programs at CSLFSC and are certified by SkateCanada. The fees associated with each coach can differ based on a number of factors such as experience, level, age, etc...
It is best to select the session you would like to skate on in consultation with your chosen coach to make sure they have available time on that session.
There is a fee for each session you choose to skate on; please see the schedule and pricing below.
Junior Sessions are open to any skater that has not passed a STARSkate test (CanSkate badges do not count as a STARSkate test).
Note: sessions marked as “Open Session” are open to all levels of skaters. However, CanSkaters and skaters who have not passed all tests for a preliminary level (freestyle, dance, or skills) who choose to skate on these sessions, must be accompanied at all times by their coach.
Two of these tests:
STAR 5 freestyle and one of these two:
STAR 3 freestyle and one of these two:
No STAR test is required
* No changes in level during mid-season.
Additional charges apply:
- Skate Canada membership Fee of $38, if not previously paid for the 2018-19 regular season (non-refundable)
- CSLFSC administrative fee of $10 (non-refundable)
- Second Club skaters pay a 20% surchage **
|June 17 – August 25, 2019||Session||Times||Price (Home Club)|
|MONDAY (Ed Meagher Arena)|
|Open 10 weeks||M10||17:10-18:30||120.00|
|Open 5 weeks [Jun 17, 2019 - Jul 15, 2019]||M5a||17:10-18:30||67.00|
|Open 5 weeks [Jul 22, 2019 - Aug 19, 2019]||M5b||17:10-18:30||67.00|
|WEDNESDAY (Ed Meagher Arena)|
|Stroking STAR 3+ 10 weeks||W10||17:10-17:40||78.00|
|Stroking STAR 3+ 5 weeks [Jun 19, 2019 - Jul 17, 2019]||W5a||17:10-17:40||50.00|
|Stroking STAR 3+ weeks [Jul 24, 2019 - Aug 21, 2019]||W5b||17:10-17:40||40.00|
|Off-ice program, conditioning/figure skating jumps - Junior/Inter||CW10||18:40-19:30||85.00|
|THURSDAY (Arena Brebeuf)|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 10 weeks||J10S||16:00-17:10||105.00|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 5 weeks [Jun 20, 2019 - Jul 18, 2019]||J5Sa||16:00-17:10||60.00|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 5 weeks [Jul 25, 2019 - Aug 22, 2019]||J5Sb||16:00-17:10||60.00|
|Open 10 weeks||J10||17:10-18:20||105.00|
|Open 5 weeks [Jun 20, 2019 - Jul 18, 2019]||J5a||17:10-18:20||60.00|
|Open 5 weeks [Jul 25, 2019 - Aug 22, 2019]||J5b||17:10-18:20||60.00|
|SATURDAY (Ed Meagher Arena)|
|Junior/Inter 10 weeks||S10||9:10-10:30||120.00|
|Junior/Inter 5 weeks [Jun 22, 2019 - Jul 20, 2019]||S5a||9:10-10:30||67.00|
|Junior/Inter 5 weeks [Jul 27, 2019 - Aug 24, 2019]||S5b||9:10-10:30||67.00|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 10 weeks||S10S||10:40-12:00||120.00|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 5 weeks [Jun 22, 2019 - Jul 20, 2019]||S5Sa||10:40-12:00||67.00|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 5 weeks [Jul 27, 2019 - Aug 24, 2019]||S5Sb||10:40-12:00||67.00|
|SUNDAY (Ed Meagher Arena)|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 10 weeks||D10S||9:10-10:10||94.00|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 5 weeks [Jun 23, 2019 - Jul 21, 2019]||D5Sa||9:10-10:10||55.00|
|Advanced Inter/Senior 5 weeks [Jul 28, 2019 - Aug 25, 2019]||D5Sb||9:10-10:10||50.00|
|Junior/Inter 10 weeks||D10||10:10-11:10||94.00|
|Junior/Inter 5 weeks [Jun 23, 2019 - Jul 21, 2019]||D5a||10:10-11:10||55.00|
|Junior/Inter 5 weeks [Jul 28, 2019 - Aug 25, 2019]||D5b||10:10-11:10||50.00|
** Second club skaters must make sure to pay the additional 20% per session. Before checking out, while still in your shopping cart, please select 'PURCHASE OTHER PRODUCTS' at the bottom of the page. This will lead you to the additional fee page where you can add these charges to your payment.
Visiting coaches from other clubs who are planning to coach during ice time of CSLFSC may apply for permission to the club via e-mail: email@example.com. Please mention the sessions you plan to come to and include prove of certification.
Rules for the Ice Sessions
Rules for Intermediate, and Senior Skaters
It is important that all who use the ice know what is expected of them on each skating session. These basic procedures are established to help maintain order and to prevent accidents. Session supervisors are all volunteers and deserve to be treated with respect. Please be patient and polite at all times.
- Skaters should be at the arena ten minutes prior to the start of the session and ready on time.
- No chewing gum, eating, or drinking is permitted on the ice by skaters or coaches.
- No music players, cell phones, or similar devices are permitted while on the ice surface.
- Skaters who fall must get up immediately. Never stand around idle.
- Always be alert for other skaters while skating. When a skater's program or dance music is being played, avoid skating into the pattern of his or her program. Avoid interfering with dance patterns.
- Skaters should not engage a professional in a conversation while a lesson is being given to another skater.
- Conversations between skaters and professionals should take place along the boards.
- Skaters must leave the ice immediately at the end of the session.
- Personal belongings must be stored neatly in the cage. The last skater must lock up the cage.
- Skaters may not overlap sessions. No extra ice time is permitted to warm up.
- There is no exchange of sessions between registered skaters, siblings or substitutions by your coach.
- Guest skating available upon request in the spring.
- Free skating couples are not permitted at any time.
- Dance couples are permitted, but they may practice only compulsory dances, with no lifts.
Combined Skating Session (Freestyle, Dance, Skills) Rules
- During freestyle, spins should be performed in the centre of the ice; jumps should be made in the ends of the ice.
- Solo music will only be played once per session, unless time permits it to be played again. Solo, Dance, and Skill music for lessons per lesson gets priority, but may never be played more than twice if another skater has made a request for music.
- All first requests by skaters for music have priority over any second requests.
- Group lessons may have no more than 2 skaters.
- Lessons may only be given by a Home Club authorized & registered or invited guest Pro, if Club rules are followed.